WHAT WE'RE ALL ABOUTmission / strategy / values / beliefs
Legacy Church exists to glorify God by helping you…
- Experience God
- Connect with Others
- Fulfill God’s purpose for your life
We seek to help you…
- Develop an interactive relationship with God through our worship services, your personal devotions and your learning how to better experience Him every day of your life.
- Connect with others in meaningful friendships through our small groups, social activities, ministry opportunities and one-on-one mentoring.
- Make a difference in the world by discovering and engaging in God’s purpose for the next stage of your life.
We envision you will, through the power of the Holy Spirit…
- Know Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord.
- Become a fully devoted disciple of Christ.
- Intimately experience God on a daily basis.
- Develop meaningful relationships as you do life in community with others.
- Discover and engage in God’s purpose for your life.
- Impact your circles of accountability positively by living a transformed life.
Legacy Church is driven by these values…
God’s Glory – We want to help you bring glory to God in all you do.
God’s Word – We want to help you make the Bible your guide for life.
God’s Purposes – We want to help you discover and engage in God’s purposes for your life.
God’s Kingdom – We want to help you focus outwardly on the Kingdom of God.
God’s Gifts – We want to help you be a faithful manager of all God’s gifts to you.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
ABOUT THE SCRIPTURES
We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that humans were moved by God to write the very words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error.
We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to humanity and to become the Savior of the lost world.
We believe that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin.
ABOUT THE CHRISTIAN LIFE
We believe all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer should grow spiritually and be conformed to the image of Christ.
ABOUT THE CHURCH
We believe that the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving him and by making him known to the lost world.