WHAT WE'RE ALL ABOUTmission / strategy / values / beliefs
Legacy Church exists to glorify God by helping you…
- Experience God
- Connect with Others
- Fulfill God’s purposes for your life
Our goal is to help you get involved in three ways…
- INTERACTIVE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD through Worship Gatherings and personal devotions.
- CONNECTION WITH OTHERS through Small Groups and Personal Mentoring
- MISSIONAL ENGAGEMENT in God’s Kingdom through serving in Ministry Partnerships.
Legacy Church is driven by these values…
- God’s Glory – We want to help you bring glory to God in all you do.
- God’s Word – We want to help you make the bible your guide for life.
- God’s Purposes – We want to help you discover and engage in God’s purposes for your life.
- God’s Kingdom – We want to help you focus outwardly on the Kingdom of God.
- God’s Gifts – We want to help you be a faithful manager of all God’s gifts to you.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
ABOUT THE SCRIPTURES
We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that humans were moved by God to write the very words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error.
We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to humanity and to become the Savior of the lost world.
We believe that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin.
ABOUT THE CHRISTIAN LIFE
We believe all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer should grow spiritually and be conformed to the image of Christ.
ABOUT THE CHURCH
We believe that the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving him and by making him known to the lost world.